Our ITC First Emergency First Aid at Work Forestry course EFAW plus F, is ideal for most businesses or individuals who are required to work or have access to Forestry Commission Land or remote areas and hazardous environments.
Typical Course Content:
1. The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
2. Incident assessment
3. Management of an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
4. Management of an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
5. Assisting a casualty who is choking
6. Management of a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
7. Management of a casualty who is in shock
8. How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
9. How to conduct a secondary survey
10. Administering first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
11. Providing first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
12. Assessing and treating a casualty with a suspected chest injury
13. Treatment for a casualty with burns and scalds
14. Treatment of an eye injury
Additional First Aid + F training:
1. Severe bleeding (i.e. chainsaw injury)
2. Crush injury
4. Lymes Disease
The course has a 7 hours contact time and is run over a minimum of 1 day. The certificate is valid for 3 years. In order to renew, you need to attend another EFAW+F, 7 hour course.
All of our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council 2015 Guidelines.
This course is particularly applicable to the following occupations: