D1 – Reach Truck – Operator Refresher
This D1 – Reach Truck – Operator Refresher course is for existing reach truck operators. Who has previously gained a formal qualification and requires refresher training.
On completion, candidates will be expected to have attained a level of operating skills. That will comply with the standards laid down by Accrediting Bodies Forum 2000 and the HSE Approved Code of Practice L117.
The delegates must also be able to:-
- Drive and operate the lift truck safely and efficiently
- Stack and de-stack at various levels in a safe manner
- Carry out pre-use checks to ensure the equipment is in a safe condition
- Carry out battery maintenance and charging procedures
- Load and un-load vehicles
Candidates will be expected to complete both a written test paper and successfully demonstrate their level of basic operator skills under test conditions to qualify.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- P.U.W.E.R. (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) Operators Safety Code
- Stability Factors
- Principles of Lifting
- Daily Checks, Battery Care, Hydraulic Systems
- Operating Procedures
- Steering Operations – Forward and Reverse
- Maneuvering in confined spaces
- Stacking and De-Stacking loads at various heights
- Loading and Un-loading Lorries
- Practical Operating
- Assessment and correction of faults
- Written and Practical tests
Evidence of previous reach truck training will be required to be supplied prior to training commencing.
D1 – Rider Electric