ITC Certificate in First Aid at Work Course at SCQF Level 6
Employers have to risk assess their workplace first aid requirements and the 3-day First Aid at Work (FAW) qualification is one of the statutory qualifications for this purpose.
If the risk assessment indicates that employees may be faced with life-threatening incidents. Where they might have to manage illness, injury, poisoning, or burns then the FAW is the first aid at work course that meets this need.
Topics include; roles & responsibilities, dealing with collapse (with and without breathing), choking, bleeding, shock, seizures, minor workplace incidents, major illnesses, common and serious workplace injuries, poisoning, anaphylactic shock, burns treatment, eye injuries, and using first aid kit.
However, typical delivery methods are predominantly practical and the first aid course is assess by continual observation of candidate performance and three brief Multiple Choice Questionnaires.
First Aid At Work Qualification training requires:-
- Minimum tutor contact time of 18 hours (excluding breaks)
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio
- The first aid course must be complete within 10 weeks of starting
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours
- Successful completion will result in the candidate gaining ITC Certificate in First Aid at Work at SCQF Level 6 with a valid (license to practice) lifetime of 3 years from the date of completion
- The HSE strongly recommends candidates take an annual 3-hour refresher during the lifetime of the qualification
- FAW requalification is by taking the full FAW qualification again. Provide the candidate’s FAW certificate has not expired by more than 1 calendar month the contact time may be reduced to 12 hours over 2 days
- Calendar month means if the expiry date is the 5th of one month. Then the candidates have until the 4th of the next month to complete the re-qualification
THIS COURSE IS AVAILABLE VIA ITA FUNDING FOR SUITABLE CANDIDATES