ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Schools and Colleges
This fantastic qualification is intended to provide the learner with the skills to deliver First Aid in a educational environment. The ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Schools and Colleges helps educational establishments meet their need for provision of first aid training for their staff. Unlike First Aid at Work, which does not include paediatric first aid, this qualification covers both adults and children, including resuscitation procedures for children up to 18.
Our delivery methods are predominantly practical and the course is assessed by continual observation of the learner.
- Roles & Responsibilities of a First Aider in a School or College
- Dealing with a unresponsive adult and child casualty both breathing & non breathing
- Blood loss
- Minimum tutor contact time 6 hours excluding breaks
- 1:12 tutor to learner ratio
- The course must be completed within 4 weeks of starting and each session must be a minimum of 2 hours
- Successful completion will result in the candidate gaining an ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Schools and Colleges
- The qualification is re-validated by attending another training course after 3 years
Course duration: 6 hours